A heavy-duty, two-component, epoxy coating formulated to reduce water absorption, Pettit Protect is an excellent choice for osmotic blister prevention and repair. The high-solids formula allows for quicker and easier application with fewer coats necessary for effective protection. It also offers dependable corrosion protection on all underwater metals. Two-part kit makes one gallon.
- Total Thickness Required: 12mil dry; 4mil dry per coat
- Drying Time: To recoat: 3hrs.-14 days; To bottom paint: 5-8hrs.; To launch: 72hrs. (All times @ 70°F)
- Coverage: 225sq. ft./gal. @ 4 dry mils
- Application Methods: Brush, roller, conventional/airless spray
- Thinner: 97 Epoxy Thinner, Model 284216
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.