An affordable, single-season alternative to more expensive paint, Premium SSA is formulated to prevent attachment of marine fouling organisms on fiberglass, wood, and properly primed steel bottoms in salt- or freshwater from the tropics to the Arctic. Compatible with most types of antifouling paint and with the exception of bare metal, no primer is required.
Not for sale in California and in States where prohibited by law.
- Type: Single-season ablative
- Recomended Usage: Single season use in warm or cold waters
- Biocide: 37.5% Cuprous Oxide
- Additives: None
- Number of Coats Recommended: Two or three
- Coverage: 500sq.ft./gal.
- Drying Time: To overcoat: 3 hrs.; To launch: 4 hrs. (@70°F)
- Thinner: Pettit 120, Model 249961
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.