General purpose chlorinated rubber used as a primer on metal surfaces and as a tie coat between different types of coatings. Can be used above or below the waterline. Compatible with all antifouling and topside paints. Semi-flat burnt orange color. Brush, roll or spray. Quart kit.
- Primary Usage: Metal surfaces, underwater running gear, trim tabs
- Formulation: General-purpose chlorinated rubber primer
- Applies Over: Bright, cleaned, abraded metal
- Drying Time: Second coat: 2 hrs. at 70°F 50%RH; overcoat/other coatings: 4 hrs.
- Number of Coats Recommended: Two
- Thinner: 12097, Model 284216
- Coverage: Brush/roller: 75sq.ft./qt..; spray: 57sq.ft./qt.
- Color: Semi-flat burnt orange
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.