As the Saltist name implies, these reels were designed for all-out serious saltwater fishing. And that means simple, straight forward mechanisms that can withstand the punishment and still work flawlessly, time after time. Like a manual bail trip for fewer moving parts-greater strength and reliability. Even a dual, full-time anti-reverse you can depend on, with no lever to accidentally turn off or snag line. Reliability and performance-that’s Saltist.
- Rugged, all-metal construction
- Fast 6.2 to 1 gear ratio retrieves up to 53 inches of line with every crank!
- Five CRBB corrosion resistant ball bearings
- Digigear™ digitally designed and machined gearing, ultra-strong and ultra smooth
- Tubular stainless Air Bail
- Sealed, waterproof drag
- Rotor brake keeps bail in convenient position when opened
- Dual, full-time anti-reverse
- Reliable manual bail trip
- Machined aluminum handle
- Twist Buster®
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy Casting
- Line Doesn't Tangle
- Smooth Drag System
- Smooth Reeling
- Ocean Fishing
- Shore Casting
Comments about Saltist Heavy Action Spinning, 5CRBB, 1 RB, GR 6.2 : 1, 20.10 oz., 14/300, 17/220 lb Test/SAMURAI BRAID:40/440,55/330 Yds, 22.0 Max Drag:
I've only used this reel a few times so far, but it's been great. Very smooth, lightweight and holds plenty of braid. I've already dunked it a couple of times and haven't had any problem with water intrusion or anything else. I just give it a quick fresh water rinse when I get back home or the next morning and it's good to go.