30% More Range
Broadband 3G™ Radar clearly marks more targets farther away from your boat. So, you enjoy exclusive, close-in (6.5 ft/2 m) target detection of Broadband Radar™ technology, with the addition of exposing distant targets previously unseen before.
Unparalleled Short Range Target Discrimination - Where it Matters
Lowrance Broadband Radar™ provides amazing target resolution, even at an unprecedented 1/32 nm range. Docks, channel markers, moored vessels and other critical targets are displayed with pronounced clarity and separation, for added safety and confidence in close quarters. Broadband Radar™ technology eliminates the "main bang" of pulse radar - an obscured viewing "dead zone" immediately around the boat - which prevents display of any close-in hazards.
Virtually no Radiation for Safe, Flexible Installation on Any Boat
Lowrance Broadband Radar™ transmits at 1/10,000 the power of typical pulse radars, emitting 5-times less energy than an average cell phone! So, Broadband 3G™ Radar is safe to mount in locations never before possible. Plus, with the lowest DC power draw of any X-band marine radar, it's the first and only radar ideally suited for sailboats and other fishing or cruising boats with limited power.
Navigation in an Instant
No more waiting 2-3 minutes for a pulse radar magnetron to warm up. The 100% solid-state Broadband 3G™ Radar design provides InstantOn™ navigation in seconds. In darkness, fog or foul weather, you can view your surroundings, near and far, instantly. Ideal for sailboats and other boats wanting to save power, especially at anchor.
HDS® High Definition Systems
- Antenna Beam Width Horizontal 5.2°+/-10% (-3dB width) °
- Antenna Beam Width Vertical 25°+/-20% (-3dB width) °
- Antenna Receiver Noise Figure 6 dB
- Antenna Rotation Speed 24/36 rpm +/- 10% RPMs
- Radar Warm Up Time 0 min
- Radar Wind Resistance 51 m/sec (Max:100 Knots)
- Transmitter Frequency X-band - 9.3 to 9.4GHz
- Transmitter Power Output 165mW nominal
- Data I/O Protocol High Speed Ethernet
Technical / Environmental
- Mounting Bolts: 4x30xM8 - 304 stainless steel
- Waterproof Standard IPX6
- Height 11 in \ 280 mm
- Diameter 19.2 in \ 488 mm
- Weight 16.31 lbs \ 7.4 kg
- Humidity +95°F/+35°C, 95% RH
- Operating Temperature -13° to +131°F/-25° to +55°C
- Power Supply 9 to 31.2vDC (12/24 Volt systems) Reverse polarity protection vDC
- Power Consumption 18W (Typ.) @ 13.8vDC
- Power Consumption Standby 2W(Typ.) @ 13.8vDC~ only 150ma
- Interconnection Cable 33ft/10m standard with RJ45 thin custom (Max 30m)
- Interface Heading SimNet or NMEA 0183 with cable kit into display
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.