This easy alternative to conventional varnish is made exclusively for West Marine by Epifanes. It is a single component, fast drying, semi-gloss exterior finish designed for all woods requiring a bright, clear finish. This finish flows on easily and provides excellent adhesion between coats without the need for sanding, ever! Up to five coats may be achieved in just three days, due to its excellent drying capabilities. May be used as a base for traditional varnish systems. Quart.
- Recommended Usage: Exterior/interior above waterline
- Formulation: Synthetic wood finish
- Application Method(s): Brush, roller or spray (no sanding between coats)
- Number of Coats Recommended: Bare wood: 5 (maintain as needed)
- Drying Time: To touch 1-4 hrs. @65°65%RH, recoat 5-6 hrs
- Color: Clear, slight amber
- Coverage: 120-150 sq. ft./750 ml. container
- Thinner: Brush: Model 103731
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about WoodPro Plus:
Great for getting multiple decent looking protective coats on exterior wood; dries quickly. But not the same quality finish that several coats of a good varnish would give.
Overall, I'm satisfied but will stay with traditional varnish whenever working conditions and weather permit.
Comments about West Marine WoodPro Plus:
We found it to go on more smoothly and with less stickiness than varnishes we've used in the past. The color is good.