The rugged Montana handhelds feature a large bright dual-orientation touchscreen display with a built-in worldwide basemap and a high-sensitivity GPS receiver. A microSD card slot lets you add optional City Navigator®, BlueChart® g2 or Garmin Custom Maps. Both include a 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter. Receive text-to-speech driving direction using optional City Navigator and auto mount. Wirelessly share routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches between compatible units. The Montana 650 adds a 5-megapixel, autofocus digital camera that automatically geo-tags pictures so you can mark, remember and navigate back to that exact spot in the future. Connect the Montana 650 to a computer via USB, log onto my.Garmin.com to select, upload and store photos. Review the location of your latest adventure using Garmin’s free Basecamp software.
- Display Type: 65,000-color TFT touchscreen
- Screen Size: 4"diag.
- Screen Resolution: 272 x 480 pixels
- Preloaded Cartography: Worldwide basemap
- Optional Cartography: City Navigator, BlueChart g2, Garmin Custom Maps, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery
- Receiver Type: WAAS-enabled high-sensitivity with HotFix®
- Battery Type: Three AA Lithium batteries (included) or optional AA alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Lithium: 16 hours; alkaline 22 hours
- Dimensions: 2 7/8"W x 5 11/16"H x 1 3/8"D
- NMEA Interface: High speed USB, serial interface
- Included Accessories: USB cable, battery pack, AC charger
- Weight: 10.2oz. with lithium battery pack
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: One year
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.