North Myrtle Beach Welcomes New, Larger West Marine Store
Celebration for Aug. 26-27 grand opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony featuring Mayor Marilyn Hartley and in-store book signing by “Chopped Junior” chef Logan Walker
Watsonville, CA, Aug. 1, 2017 - West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, announced today that the two-day grand opening celebration at its new, larger store location in North Myrtle Beach, SC, is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 26 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 27.
The store will host an array of attractions throughout the weekend, including complimentary food and refreshments, vendors on site, BlueFuture Kids Zone activities, prizes, giveaways and much more.
The new 10,000-plus-square-foot West Marine store is located at 1288 Highway 17 North. Store Manager Katie Lanagan and her staff of 15 Associates have more than 100 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Lanagan says they are eager to meet the needs of fellow Waterlife lovers.
“North Myrtle Beach has more than 60 miles of pristine ocean frontage and is a favorite destination for 14 million visitors annually,” Lanagan says. “We’re in the perfect position to help everyone — from novices to experts — enjoy our unique local landscape.”
Highlights for the North Myrtle Beach weekend event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26, featuring special guests Mayor Marilyn Hartley and the Student Angler League Tournament Trail (2017 West Marine BlueFuture grant recipients).
- Celebrity Book Signing: Noon – 1 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26. Chef Logan Walker, featured on the popular Food Network show “Chopped Junior,” will be on hand signing copies of her book “Unique Southern Eats.”
- Local TV Celebrity Meet & Greet: From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26 and Sunday, Aug. 27, guests will have the chance to meet and get fishing advice from Wade Long of “Longshot TV.”
- Local Charity Giveback: 10 percent of the weekend’s sales up to $5,000 will support the Student Angler League Tournament Trail, Surf Dreams and West Marine’s BlueFuture. BlueFuture provides funding to nonprofits dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding and the marine sciences.
- Free Low Country Boil by Unique Southern Eats: From 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including knot tying, coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Vendors on Site: Maui Jim, East Penn, Navico, Garmin, Interlux Paint, Seahawk Paints, ACR, ICOM, Sunmight Sandpaper, BoatU.S. and more.
- The first 100 customers each day will receive a free bucket with a West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5-100.
The North Myrtle Beach West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing, sailing and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the North Myrtle store include:
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Fishing Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
For more information about West Marine’s upcoming North Myrtle Beach grand open celebration, visit westmarine.com/myrtlebeach.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine (westmarine.com , NASDAQ: WMAR), our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun.