Fernandina Beach Welcomes New West Marine Store
Celebration for March 17 grand opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony, prizes, giveaways and more.
Watsonville, CA, Feb 28, 2018 - West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, announced today the grand opening celebration at its new store in Fernandina Beach, Fla., will kick off at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17.
The store will host an array of attractions throughout the day, including complimentary food and refreshments, vendors on site, BlueFuture Kids Zone activities, prizes, giveaways, and more.
The new 5,000-plus-square-foot West Marine store is located at 474347 East State Road 200. Store Manager Chad Hoff and his staff of five associates have more than 100 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Hoff says they are eager to meet the needs of fellow waterlife lovers.
“Fernandina Beach is rich in history (we are called the “Isle of 8 Flag” as it’s the only place in America where eight flags have flown) as well as a lovely place to enjoy time on the water,” Hoff says. “Around here, folks really love to fish and our fishing and core selections will outfit them perfectly for a day on or by the water!”
Highlights for the Fernandina Beach event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17, featuring special guests Laura DeBella, Nassau County Economic Development Board, Ron Heyman from the Chamber of Commerce and John Drew of the Nassau County Tax & License office.
- The first 100 customers when doors open at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17 will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5 - $100. Also starting at 8 a.m. guests will enjoy Spin the Wheel Giveaways and the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a $500 West Marine Gift Card as well as other fantastic items from leading vendors.
- Double Points Rewards: During the grand opening day, March 17, West Advantage Rewards members at the Fernandina Beach store only will receive double points on valid qualified purchases.
- Local Charity Giveback/Maritime Museum of Amelia Island: In addition, 10 percent of sales (up to $3,000) will be donated to the Maritime Museum of Amelia Island>, as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture program. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs. Free Activities: from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. including food from Woody’s BBQ.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Vendors on Site: East Penn, Navico (Lowrance, Simrad, B&G), Garmin, Xtratuf.
- BoatU.S. on site: The local tower will be on site to answer all membership and service questions. They will also offer $50 off unlimited Saltwater or Gold towing packages.
- Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) Florida Star representatives will also be at the event to answer questions and accept registrations for the upcoming 2018 competition that runs May 26 – Sept. 3, 2018.
The Fernandina West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing, sailing and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the Fernandina Beach store include:
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Bait Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
For more information about West Marine’s upcoming Fernandina Beach grand opening celebration, visit EventBrite.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com