Palm Coast Welcomes New West Marine Store
Celebration for March 17 grand opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony with Palm Coast Mayor Milissa Holland, prizes, giveaways and more.
Watsonville, CA, Feb 28, 2018 - West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, announced today that the grand opening celebration at its brand new store in Palm Coast, Fla., is scheduled to kick off at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17. Mayor Millissa Holland will serve as the special guest for the ribbon-cutting ceremony taking place at 8 a.m. that day.
The store will host an array of attractions throughout the day, including complimentary food and refreshments, vendors on site, BlueFuture Kids Zone activities, prizes, giveaways, and more.
The new 6,000-plus-square-foot West Marine store is located at 250 Palm Coast Parkway NE Unit 507 at the Island Walk Shopping Center. Store Manager Tim Loftus and his staff of 10 associates have more than 110 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Loftus says they are eager to meet the needs of fellow Waterlife lovers.
“My staff is more than ready to get people out on the water either for the first time or expert anglers,” Loftus says. “Over 14,000 boats are registered in the Palm Coast region and with our large fishing section we are perfectly geared to help local boaters.”
Highlights for the Palm Coast event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 17, featuring special guest Mayor Milissa Holland
- The first 100 customers when doors open at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17 will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5 - $100. Also starting at 8 a.m. guests will enjoy Spin the Wheel Giveaways and the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a $500 West Marine Gift Card as well as other fantastic items from leading vendors.
- Double Points Rewards: During the grand opening day, March 17, West Advantage Rewards members at the Palm Coast store only will receive double points on valid qualified purchases.
- Local Charity Giveback/Marineland Dolphin Adventure: In addition, 10 percent of sales (up to $3,000) will be donated to the Marineland Dolphin Adventure (a subsidiary of the Georgia aquarium), as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture program. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Free Activities: From 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. including food from Moe’s Southwest Grill.
- Vendors on Site: East Penn and Navico (Lowrance, Simrad, B&G).
- BoatU.S. on site: The local tower will be on site to answer all membership and service questions. They will also offer $50 off unlimited Saltwater or Gold towing packages.
- Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) Florida Star representatives will also be at the event to answer questions and accept registrations for the upcoming 2018 competition that runs May 26 – Sept. 3, 2018.
- Also in attendance will be representatives from the Palm Coast Yacht Club to talk about the many fun and exciting membership activities that the club has to offer.
The Palm Coast West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing, sailing and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the Palm Coast store include:
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Bait Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
For more information about West Marine’s upcoming Palm Coast grand opening celebration, visit EventBrite.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com