West Marine New Bern to Celebrate New Store with Official Grand Opening
Celebration for March 17 grand opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony with New Bern Mayor Dana Outlaw, prizes, giveaways and more.
Watsonville, CA, Feb 28, 2018 - West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, announced today that the grand opening celebration at its new, larger store location in New Bern, NC, is scheduled to kick off at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17. Mayor Dana Outlaw, along with New Bern Alderman Jeff Odham, will serve as special guests at the official ribbon-cutting ceremony taking place that day at 8 a.m.
The store will host an array of attractions throughout the weekend, including complimentary food and refreshments, vendors on site, BlueFuture Kids Zone activities, prizes, giveaways and much more.
The new 9,000-plus-square-foot West Marine store is located at 3559 M L King Jr. Blvd. Store Manager Jim Simmons and his staff of nine associates have more than 220 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Simmons says they are eager to meet the needs of fellow waterlife lovers.
“We finally have a first class Waterlife store to meet the needs of New Bern and the surrounding area,” Simmons says. “Our customers who faithfully supported our former location for over 20 years will be thrilled by our new store - it’s bigger, brighter and better than ever. We will now have the largest assortment of fishing and paddlesports in the area!”
Highlights for the New Bern event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17, featuring special guests, Mayor Dana Outlaw as well as Alderman Jeff Odham.
- The first 100 customers when doors open at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17 will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5 - $100. Also starting at 8 a.m. guests will enjoy Spin the Wheel Giveaways and the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a $500 West Marine Gift Card as well as other fantastic items from leading vendors.
- Double Points Rewards: During the grand opening day, March 17, West Advantage Rewards members at the New Bern store only will receive double points on valid qualified purchases.
- Local Charity Giveback/Sound Rivers: In addition, 10 percent of sales (up to $3,000) will be donated to the Sound Rivers, as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture program. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Free Activities: From 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. including food from Moore’s Old Time BBQ.
- Vendors on Site: East Penn, Navico (Lowrance, Simrad, B&G), and Interlux Paints.
- BoatU.S. on site: The local tower will be on site to answer all membership and service questions. They will also offer $50 off unlimited Saltwater or Gold towing packages.
The New Bern West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing, sailing and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the New Bern store include:
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Bait Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
For more information about West Marine’s upcoming New Bern grand opening celebration, visit EventBrite.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com