Islamorada Welcomes New West Marine Store
Celebration for June 9 Grand Opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony with Islamorada Mayor Chris Sante, prizes, giveaways, and more.
Watsonville, CA, May 31, 2018 - West Marine, the world’s premier boating retailer, announced today the grand opening celebration at its new store location in Islamorada, FL, scheduled from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sat., June 9. Mayor Chris Sante, Vice Mayor Deb Gillis, and Councilman Jim Mooney will serve as special guests for the ribbon-cutting ceremony taking place at 8 a.m. that day.
The new 10,000-square-foot West Marine store is situated at 81984 Overseas Highway. Store Manager Justin Kross and his staff of 15 Associates have more than 100 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Kross says they are eager to meet the needs of area boaters, anglers, and water sports enthusiasts.
“Islamorada is known as the “Sport Fishing Capital of the World” and the store’s core selection of products is set up to be the best available in the Florida Keys,” Kross says. “Our crew is filled with seasoned, experienced boaters who are eager to help both residents and visitors enjoy life by and on the water.”
Highlights for the Islamorada event include:
- The first 100 customers that day will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5-100.
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Sat., June 9, featuring special guest, Mayor Chris Sante, Vice Mayor Deb Gillis and Councilman Jim Mooney
- Celebrity Meet & Greet: Captain Scott Walker, co-host of Into the Blue.
- Local Charity Giveback: 10% of sales (up to $5,000) will be donated to area nonprofit organizations including the History of Diving Museum, National Marine Sanctuary Foundation and The Turtle Hospital as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture fund. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs.
- Representatives from the 2018 CCA Florida STAR Tournament will be on site with official STAR Measuring Devices to give to CCA STAR participants, at no cost. The CCA Florida STAR Tournament is the largest family-friendly fishing competition in Florida and runs from May 26- Labor Day, Sept. 3.
- Free Food from local Bayside Gourmet: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Free face painting: 11:00 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including coloring, pieceless puzzles, and giveaways.
- Vendors on Site: Navico, Garmin, ICOM, BoatUS and more. BoatUS will offer a special $50 off towing package.
- Prizes & Giveaways: Singing Reel Charters (local fishing charter trip) valued at $450. Plus, items from Roxy, Maui Jim, Yeti, Starbrite, Xtratuf, and more.
- Live Radio Remote: “Pirate Radio” (WKYZ-FM/101.7 & 96.7)) 10 a.m. – noon, “The WAIL” (WFKZ-FM/99.5) and iHeartRadio (WFKZ 99.5) noon – 2:00 p.m.
The Islamorada West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore sailing, fishing, and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the Islamorada store include:
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Fishing Shack
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
For more information about West Marine's upcoming Islamorada grand opening celebration, please visit https://westmarineislamorada.eventbrite.com/.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com