Watsonville, CA (July 16, 2013)
If you need a reason to go the West Marine Grand Opening celebration…here’s 10 dandies. It’s on for 4 days (July 18th – 21st) at the new West Marine location in Jantzen Beach Center. At 25,000 square feet it’s more than double the size of its current location at Delta Park.
- Charity – “Cruising for a Cause” charity event. 100% of the proceeds raised go to non-profit boating safety, conservation and kids boating organizations. “Cruising for a Cause” is slated for Thursday, July 18th from 6PM – 9PM at the new Jantzen Beach location. Music by the Robbie Laws Band, food, beverages, fun and incredible auction items, including a fishing trip in Alaska. Don’t miss this celebration of boating and fishing!
- Buzz Ramsey – Lure designer, fishing educator and northwest fishing legend Buzz Ramsey will be on-hand Saturday from 1p.m. to 3p.m.to talk one-on-one about Buoy 10, Columbia River summer steelhead or to answer any of your rigging, location or season-oriented information.
- Del Stephens – When it comes to tuna fishing off the Oregon and Washington coasts (as well as just about anywhere you find tuna) Captain Del Stephens is a recognized and respected expert. Del’s tuna seminar starts Sunday, July 21st at 1p.m. As a tournament pro and guide you can count on Del to provide the most current trends, information and techniques.
- Lance Fisher – Host of Northwest Outdoor Adventures on KXL Radio, Lance is a consummate salmon, steelhead and sturgeon pro and will be available on Sunday, July 21st from 11a.m. to 1p.m. to talk fishing. The sky’s the limit…talk bait preparation, favorite Buoy 10 techniques and timing or rigging details, Lance is a fulltime professional guide who shares the info you need to be successful.
- Cody Herman – Bass, summer steelhead, Buoy 10 silvers and Chinook, international big game fishing adventures, trophy trout, sturgeon --- you name it, Cody’s chased it and earned a rich resume of success as a guide, outdoor writer and TV personality. Cody is scheduled from 11a.m. to 1p.m. on Saturday, July 20th.
- $65.99 Inflatable Life Vests – I intend to be the first in line for a couple of these. “Inshore” automatic inflatable vests…$66 is an incredible buy and a don’t-miss opportunity.
- 25% Off Grunden – After spending a week in Alaska in some pretty rough weather, I was reminded for three days that even the best fabric can leak especially in a driving Bering Sea storm. When it gets that snotty the only remedy I’ll trust completely is rubber rain gear…Grunden’s good stuff and 25% is a meaningful discount.
- $89.99 Waterproof Binoculars – “Those guys are killing ‘em…what are they using”? My last pair was invaluable but it seems somebody else wanted them in their boat worse than I did, leaving me binocularless --- I’m changing that this weekend.
- 4 Days – The sale starts at 8a.m. on Thursday, July 18th and runs through Sunday the 21st. Sale store hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday – Saturday and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday. Unless you’re out of the region…West Marine’s made this a no-brainer.
- Discounts – TCW3 - $14.99/GL (50% off); Cabo Boat Gas Grill - $119.99/Save $80; 50% Off Black Tip Tackle, Lure & Jig Bags; 50% Off Marine 110 Boat Fire Extinguishers; 40% Off Black Tip Sunglasses; Etc. Honestly, I didn’t know how much boating and fishing equipment West Marine stocked until I went into their Delta Park store a few weeks ago…it’s fully stocked. At 25,000 square feet the new location will be more than twice the size of the current location. It’s huge! Engine parts, boat repair, safety equipment, fishing equipment tailored to local opportunities, electronics, apparel, kayak’s, paddle boards, accessories of all descriptions…in fact, so big, it’s called a “Flagship Store” and it’s the largest West Marine in the northwest!
About West Marine
West Marine, Inc. is the largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, with nearly 300 company-operated stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and five franchised stores located in Turkey. Founded in 1968 by a sailor, West Marine has grown to become a leading omni-channel retailer for boats and boaters – from power cruisers and sailors to anglers and paddle sports enthusiasts. West Marine also offers gear, apparel and footwear for anyone who enjoys recreational time on or around the water. The company's Port Supply division is one of the largest wholesale distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine, Inc. its products and store locations, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464). West Marine's stock is traded on NASDAQ under the symbol WMAR..