Water-lovers Welcome: New West Marine Seattle’s Grand Opening
Weekend of Sept. 12-14 Will Be Filled with Demos, Deals, Discounts and Giveaways.
Seattle water lovers, mark your calendars! West Marine’s newest location boasts 11,000 square feet of nautical necessities, as well as great apparel and accessories. On Sept. 12-14, West Marine Seattle is hosting three days of free product demos, a parking lot boat show, special deals on water gear, raffles, give-aways and more. You’ll have special access to experts who can help boaters, sailors and paddlesports enthusiasts make the most of their time on the water. PLUS: Information all boaters need to comply with Washington’s new Clean Boating regulations.
Friday, Sept. 12 - Sunday, Sept. 14
Grand Opening Hours: Friday and Saturday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
West Marine Seattle – The new Seattle store is at 1827 15th Ave W Ste A22 Seattle, WA 98119, between Fishermen's Terminal and Elliott Bay Marina
- Learn About Clean Boating- NMTA and the Clean Boating foundation will be onsite to discuss regulatory changes and how they will impact boaters, plus CSR will be demonstrating the application of copper free bottom paint.
- Northwest Inflatable Boats will be displaying the new West Marine RIB 360
- Deckhand Detailing – Learn to detailing from experts on a boat in the parking lot.
- West Marine Rigging - Twice daily demos will take place at noon and 4 p.m.
- Demos and Q&As - Vendor reps from East Penn, Helly Hansen, Navico, Pettit, Raymarine and Sperry and experts from West Marine will give hands-on demos on the latest marine apparel, electronics and other items.
- TowBoat U.S. – Captains will be onsite with advice. Towing packages will be 10% off all weekend.
- Shop and Tour the Store – New sections include a comprehensive engine parts department and a wider selection of paddlesports gear and apparel. Plus, new electronics accessories, like waterproof, wireless Bluetooth speakers.
- Delightful deals on casual and technical apparel, foul weather gear, footwear and accessories from favorite brands such as Maui Jim, Sperry, Costa del Mar, Columbia, Reef, Teva and Tilley.
- Free ice cream bars all three days
Saturday, September 13, 10 a.m. – Ribbon cutting with Northwest Marine Trade Association President George Harris
All Weekend: Seattle store manager Peter Avlogitos can discuss:
- Hot new boating trends for Summer 2014, nationally and locally
- Latest and greatest product items at West Marine
- Stand up paddling and kayaking - what water lovers need to know about two of 2014’s hottest watersports trends.
Margo Donohue, Press@westmarine.com - 917.679.6945