Experience the Grand Opening Weekend at West Marine’s New Midwest Flagship In Chicago from April 23 – 26, 2015
Just in time for boating season, water lovers are invited to join the grand opening festivities for West Marine’s new flagship Midwest store. West Marine is one of the world’s largest boating and waterlife retailers. With 20,000 square feet of nautical necessities and access to experts who can help boaters, anglers and paddle-sports enthusiasts make the most of their time on the water, the new West Marine store caters to the needs of anyone who loves spending time on or around the water.
Each Day, All Day (Thursday, April 23 – Sunday, April 26)
- Product experts on site including Harken, Garmin, Raymarine, Navico and Tow BoatUS.
- State-of-the-art marine electronics demonstrations and over 100 units to touch and test including the award-winning Navico ForwardScan Sonar, FLIR Marine Thermal Handheld Camera and the Raymarine Dragonfly GPS/Fishfinder combo
- A huge “Paddle World” with experts on site to help you select the best kayak or stand-up paddleboard for your lifestyle and budget
- Free Hot Dog BBQ 11a.m. to 1p.m.
- Door-buster deals, giveaways and Enter to Win a $500 Shopping Spree
Store hours: Thursday – Saturday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Media – Opportunities
Thursday, April 23 from 6 – 8 p.m.: Cruising for a Cause Event
- A proclamation presentation and ribbon cutting ceremony by Walter Burnett, Jr., alderman of the 27th Ward of the City of Chicago, and West Marine CEO Matt Hyde, at 6 p.m. will kick off the event. Pat O’Donnell, Chicago Bears Punter, will be the Master of Ceremonies.
- Tickets are $10 which includes appetizers and a beverage from Goose Island Brewery, as well as entertainment by local artist Jo Ann Daugherty.
- West Marine will donate 100% of ticket proceeds and donations from the on-site auction to local nautical non-profit organizations including Chicago Adventure Therapy, Chicago Voyager, Judd Goldman Adaptive Sailing Foundation, Leukemia &j; Lymphoma Society’s Leukemia Cup Regatta, Lake Michigan Sail Racing Federation (LMSRF), Sheridan Shore Sailing School and Chicago Corinthian Yacht Club Junior Fleet. Tickets are available at the Chicago West Marine store or through any participating non-profit.
Saturday, April 25 at 10 a.m.: Seminar by West Marine Founder Randy Repass and book-signing by author Sally-Christine Rodgers
- Focused on tips and tricks for long distance cruising
- Randy will address the technical aspects of gearing up and setting sail, while Sally-Christine will tackle some of the educational and emotional challenges a family faces on a long-distance cruise.
Sunday, April 26 from Noon – 2 p.m.: Stand-up paddleboard demonstrations from Chicago Paddle Company
West Marine Chicago – 1160 N. Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60642
For More Info:http://www.westmarine.com/chicago-flagship
Wheatley Marshall | Motion PR | cell: 312.933.3425 | email@example.com