Lewisville Welcomes Newer, Larger West Marine Store
Watsonville, CA, October 19, 2016 –West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, is thrilled to celebrate the grand opening of its brand-new, larger store in Lewisville, Texas, Saturday and Sunday, November 5-6. The store will host an array of attractions on opening day, November 5, including refreshments, live music, celebrity appearances, and entertainment.
The new store is located at 4850 SH 121 in Lewisville, on the southwest corner of Josey and the 121 (next to the Super Target.) Come celebrate with West Marine and enjoy food and refreshments, music, the BlueFuture Kids Zone activity tent, celebrity appearances, and fantastic giveaways from some of West Marine’s top vendors.
West Marine’s grand opening festival will take place Saturday, November 5 through Sunday, November 6 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. each day.
Among the weekend highlights:
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony: November 5 at 5:30 p.m., with local Lewisville officials
- Charity night event: Taking place Saturday, November 5, from 5-7 p.m., with all proceeds collected from the evening’s sales going to benefit West Marine’s BlueFuture Fund and the Texas Junior Anglers
- Celebrity guests: Meet and greet pro anglers Tom Reddington, host of TV’s Big Bass Battler, and Rob Jasper, Lowrance Pro Staff and Bass Champion from Arlington, Texas
- West Marine vendors onsite: Some of West Marine’s hottest and most popular vendors will have an onsite presence over the weekend, including …
- YETI — bringing fun games and giveaways
- Maui Jim — custom fittings for the latest sunglasses
- OluKai — custom-made leather coasters and luggage tags by famous tattoo artist Daniel Wright
- Lowrance — check out Rob Jasper’s Ranger Z520C, equipped with all the hottest bells and whistles
- Texas Junior Anglers: Come reel in a fish from the organization’s fully stocked “Catch Tank”
- Lone Star 92.5 FM: Radio station will be on site Saturday, November 5, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
The new, 11,000-square-foot West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing and boating communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights include:
- Fishing: All variety necessary to satisfy customers in our indoor Fishing Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, t-shirts, weatherproof and safety gear, and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
“The new Lewisville store will be a welcome port for customers who enjoy Party Cove at Lake Lewisville and the Fishing Barge all year round,” says West Marine’s Lewisville store manager, Jason Paxton. “Our mission is to be the one and only one-stop shop for all who enjoy life on the water.”
Paxton has been with West Marine for more than 20 years and previously worked in the Dallas, Garland, and Dennison stores before joining the Lewisville store team. A self-described “outdoorsman at heart” Paxton, a native of Houston, enjoys fishing with his two sons, tubing and cruising with his wife, and kayaking every possible chance he gets.
West Marine’s Lewisville crew consists of 11 Associates who have more than 270 combined years’ experience cruising, fishing, sailing and paddling to provide excellent customer service for customers. Store specialists include Jeremy Mckibben (Paddle,) Ashley Lease (AFA,) and Christopher Novak (Engines).
“The entire Lewisville store team is as passionate about life on the water as our customers,” says Paxton. They’re ready to answer any questions from best tackle, to picking out the perfect kayak for fishing, to how to make all necessary repairs.”
To learn more about the BlueFuture initiative and how you can help, visit www.westmarine.com/BlueFuture.
About West MarineEach person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine (westmarine.com,NASDAQ: WMAR), our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 260 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers,sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, WestMarine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun.
Margo Donohue | email@example.com | 917.679.6945