3M–4000 UV Polyether Adhesive Sealant, White, 3 oz. Tube
4000 UV Polyether Adhesive Sealant, White, 3 oz. Tube
|Best Use||Debonds Most Polyurethane Sealants|
|Capacity||3 Ounce Tube|
2 Hours Tack-Free
24 Hours Full Cure
Resistant to weathering, salt water and stresses caused by joint movement. White, non-yellowing formula is ideal for above and below waterline applications where aesthetic appeal is a priority. Seals between mechanically fastened joints on wood, fiberglass, metal and most plastics. Applications include sealing deck to hull joints, thru-hull fittings, window and door frames,etc. It is also paintable. Highly recommended for ABS, Lexan and other plastics.
· Paintable, non-yellowing formula won’t harm ABS, Lexan or other plastics
· For use on wood, fiberglass, metal and plastics
· Sealant cures to form a firm, rubbery waterproof seal
· Flexibility allows for the dissipation of stress caused by shock, vibration, swelling or shrinking
· Formulation: One-part polyether adhesive/sealant
· Recommended Usage: Sealing deck hardware; Highly recommended for ABS, Lexan and other plastics
· Cure Time: Tack free: 2hrs.; Complete cure: 24hrs.
· Cleanup: Mineral spirits or kerosene
· Removal: Mechanical removal
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.