AISLink™ Personal Man Overboard Beacon
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Seconds count in a Man OverBoard (MOB) situation.
The AISLink MOB is a personal man overboard beacon designed to alert local vessels of your distress emergency. The AISLink MOB automatically activates upon inflation of your lifejacket, sending an initial alert within 15 seconds to all AIS receivers and plotters in the vicinity. Both positioning and MOB emergency messages are transmitted, alerting vessels up to five miles away of your emergency situation.
Clip AISLink MOB to your clothes or life jacket: Small and compact, AISLink can be clipped to your clothing, or you can store it inside your life jacket using the oral inflation tube attachment.
Sends an AIS message to local receivers: Unlike a Personal Locator Beacon that sends an alert to satellites, the AISLink sends an AIS message—including a structured alert message—with your precise location, distance and bearing to all AIS receivers and AIS-enabled chart plotters within a four nautical mile radius.
Begins transmitting within seconds: Equipped with an LED strobe light for low visibility rescues, AISLink will begin transmitting your distress signal within 10 seconds of activation and will transmit for 48 hours continuously. Rated IP68 waterproof.
Program in your MMSI Number: The AISLink MOB may be configured by the user to enter your boat’s DSC MMSI number by downloading the programming software to your Windows computer or by accessing the web based programming software. Additional configuration instructions can be found in the product manual below.
- Classification: Personal AIS Beacon
- Activation Method: Manual or water activated
- Application: Coastal Cruising, Sailing, Offshore Recreational, Commercial Marine
- Antenna: Sprung
- Range: Four nautical miles (typical)
- Transmit Power (EIRP): AIS: 1 Watt, DSC: 0.5 Watt
- AIS Messages: Message 1 (Position), Message 14 (MOB Status)
- AIS Repetition Interval: 8 messages/minute (message 14 sent twice every 4 minutes)
- DSC Messages: Individual Distress Relay (single call made on press of the activation button)
- DSC Repetition Interval: Once every 5 minutes (Relay only)
- Frequency: AIS channel 1 - 161.975MHz; AIS channel 2 - 162.025MHz
- Battery: Lithium-ion (included)
- Battery Life: Over 24hrs. continuous use/7-year battery storage life
- GPS: 50-channel
- Strobe: Flashing white LED
- Dimensions: 5 1/8" x 2" x 1 5/8"
- Weight: 5.8oz.
- Waterproof Rating: IP68 (waterproof to 10 meters)
- Warranty: Five years
What’s in the Box
- Oral Mounting Bracket
- Installation Bracket
- Activation Tape
- Antenna Rewind Tool
- Programming Adapter
- Life jacket Fixing Buckle
- Fixing Buckle Patch
- Reflective Strips (x2)
AISLink™ Personal Man Overboard Beacon
|Battery Life||24+ Hours|
|Battery Storage Life||7 Years|
|Best Use||Man Overboard|
|Dimensions||1.81" Width x 4.52" Height x 1.06" Depth|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).
ACR ELECTRONICSC-Light™ Personal Safety Light
29% Off - Ends 05/27/19