AFTCO–Socorro Stand-Up Fighting Belt
Socorro Stand-Up Fighting Belt
Molded design guides rod while you fight a prized gamefish.
The unique molded design of this fighting belt helps guide the rod butt into the gimbal so you can begin your fight right away. Sized for fighting fish using a 80lb. test or greater line, this comfortable fighting belt is ideal getting the most leverage to fight tuna, wahoo, marlin, and big yellowtail. A thick, durable stamped marine-grade aluminum plate with a gold anodized, corrosion-resistant finish and is the foundation of this belt and effectively spreads the fighting load higher across the thighs for increased leverage. Comfort is provided by the durable waterproof closed-cell polyethylene pad that features a textured design to keep the belt firmly in place and ventilation to keep you cool in a heated battle. Putting on the Socorro fighting belt is quick and easy with an adjustable nylon strap and Quick Clips ™. The Socorro can be matched up with the MaxForce™ harnesses for added leverage. The stainless steel pin in the glass reinforced gimbal can be changed from the vertical to horizontal for optimum fighting position. Give yourself a comfortable advantage fighting larger gamefish with a Socorro Stand-Up Fish Fighting Belt.
- Unique plate design quickly guides rod butt into gimbal
- Stamped marine grade aluminum plate provides leverage and spreads loads to make fighting stubborn fish more comfortable
- Thick textured pad is waterproof and prevents slippage and provides ventilation
- A super strong, molded glass-filled nylon gimbal pocket that is engineered for optimum fish fighting position
- The gimbal pocket's stainless steel pin is adjustable for horizontal or vertical alignment
- Compatible with MaxForce™ harness for added leverage
- Adjustable strap fit waist sizes 28"—50"
- Fighting belt floats should it fall overboard
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.