AFTCO–Tapered Fiberglass Gaffs
Aftco's new Fiberglass Gaffs are tapered and designed for extreme strength and rigidity.
Constructed with a thick-walled yet lightweight E-glass handle, these Fiberglass Gaffs are custom made for toughness and strength when you’re pulling in the big one. Aftco’s exclusive "wedge-lok" assembly process secures the hooks into the E-glass handles. Handles are rolled on proprietary mandrels using specific tapers developed by Aftco for outstanding performance.
Gaff handles are wrapped with extremely functional black nylon seine cord with hand-finished Turk's heads on each end. This adds tackiness for extra security when gripped with wet hands. 6-foot models will float if dropped overboard.
- Thick-walled yet light weight construction for strength and rigidity
- Stainless steel hooks for durability
- “Wedge-lok” assembly process secures hooks in handles with superior strength
- Black nylon seine cord adds tackiness to the grips
- Large, rubber butt cap on each handle
- 6' models will float if dropped overboard
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.