AWLGRIP–Awlspar Classic Spar Varnish, Quart
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Awlspar Classic Spar Varnish, Quart
|Best Use||Interior Woodwork or Exterior Brightwork Protection|
|Coverage||175 Square Feet/Quart|
|Cure time||To Overcoat: 3 to 4 Hours; To Full Cure: 36 Hours|
|Recommended Number of Coats||7 to 10|
|Type||Phenolic Tung Oil|
Spend less time varnishing and more time on the water with Awlspar Classic Spar Varinish.
With a short recoat time of just 3-4 hours, this varnish enables boaters to wrap their brightwork projects up quickly. The phenolic tung oil formula, which includes UV inhibitors, maximizes protection against water, weather and the damaging effects of the sun. Dries to a tough, high-gloss, amber film. For above the waterline use only. Quarts.
- Short 3-4 hour recoat time
- UV inhibitors maximize protection against the sun
- Quart size
- Recommended Usage: Interior woodwork or exterior brightwork protection
- Formulation: Phenolic tung oil Additives: UV inhibitors
- Application Methods: Brush, roll or spray
- Drying Time: To overcoat: 3-4hrs.; To full cure: 36hrs.
- Number of Coats Recommended: 7-10
- Color: Clear/Amber Coverage: 700sq.ft./gal. @ 1 mil dry; 70-100sq.ft./gal. @ 7-10mils
- Thinner: Brush: T0016, Model 11771201; Spray: T0180, Model 11771193
For detailed application instructions, see the Awlspar Varnish Data Sheet. NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.