BALMAR–6-Series Alternator/Regulator Packages
|Dimensions||5 3/4" Diameter x 7 1/4" Height x 6 5/8" Length|
Ignition-Safe Design for Marine Gas or Diesel Engines
Meets USCG Title 33
ISO 8838 and SAE J1181 Safety Standards
|Mount Type||Single Foot 1" or 2" Spindle|
|Rated Output Power - 2000 RPM Hot||150 Amps|
|Rated Output Power - 6000 RPM Hot||150 Amps|
|Pulley Groove Type||Dual Groove|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Streamline selection and installation of a small case high-output alternator with a Balmar kit.
Factory-matched Balmar charging packages eliminate guesswork and save time by pairing high-output alternators and smart voltage regulators with engine type. Packages feature dual internally fanned 6-Series alternators, combined with multi-stage Max Charge 614 Digital or ARS-5 microprocessor controlled voltage regulators and MC-TS-A and MC-TS-B temperature sensor cables for alternator and battery. The combination of package components creates a complete system that will monitor and adjust to the batteries’ charging needs based on temperature, charge level and belt-load. Take the guesswork out of building an optimal high-output alternator charging system by letting Balmar assemble all the right parts in a convenient package.
- Alternator/Regulator package takes guesswork out of installing a high-output alternator
- Ideal for Volvo, Universal, Westerbeke and other engines with 1" or 2" single foot alternator mounts
- Each is kit is assembled to match the needs of common installations
- Alternators are sized to match engine configurations
- Includes battery and alternator temperature sensors to set up system that will monitor and adjust to changing battery conditions
- Regulators feature at least 5 Belt-Load Management system settings to reduce drive belt wear (MC-614-H has 10 settings)
- All 6-Series alternators feature isolated ground terminals and Smart Ready internal back up regulation
- Approvals: USCG Title 33, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 standards for ignition protection
- Includes 54" wiring harness, magnetic programming tool, manual, and YP Kits include 6-0020 hardware kit
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.