BALMAR–Max Charge Digital 12 Volt Regulator
Max Charge Digital 12 Volt Regulator
Optional Temperature Sensing
Ignition-Safe Design for Marine Gas or Diesel Engines
Meets USCG Title 33
ISO 8838 and SAE J1181 Safety Standards
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Programmable regulator that monitors battery condition for safe and efficient charging.
The latest-generation voltage regulator features an easier-to-use programming interface and a new, faster processor that can respond more quickly to ensure that your batteries will charge more effectively and last longer. Exclusive Belt Load Management system allows the user to control the maximum charging output of the alternator to ensure that horsepower load does not exceed the limits of the drive belt. When used with optional alternator and battery temperature sensors (Alternator sensor: Model 128244, Battery Sensor, Model 128251, sold separately), the regulators will automatically monitor and respond to changes in alternator and battery temperatures, and will reduce or discontinue charging in order to protect the batteries and charging system. During initial programming, the user can choose between a short, basic display on the regulator’s three-digit LED, or a long display mode that includes battery and alternator temperature readouts, field output percentage, slope, and a variety of advisory codes.
- Multi-stage digitally controlled charging regulator for high output alternators
- Monitors and adjust charge rates to extend battery life
- Belt Load Management system allows users to control maximum charging output to prevent wear on drive belts
- Advanced programming modes to tailor charge rates to match battery manufacturer's recommendations
- When used with optional temperature sensors (sold separately), regulator will monitor and respond to changes in alternator or battery conditions.
- Alarm/Advisory circuits
- Battery equalization
- Selectable short or long display mode
- Includes 54" 14ga. Wiring harness and 2 ATC fuses
- Dimensions: 4 13/16" L x 3 1/4" W x 1 1/2" H
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.