BALMAR–Volvo/Atomic 4 Engine 100 Amp/12 Volt Alternator/Regulator Package
Volvo/Atomic 4 Engine 100 Amp/12 Volt Alternator/Regulator Package
|Dimensions||6 5/8" Length x 7 1/4" Height x 5 3/4" Diameter|
Back-Up Internal Regulator
Optional Temperature Sensing
Ignition-Safe Design for Marine Gas or Diesel Engines
Meets USCG Title 33
ISO 8838 and SAE J1181 Safety Standards
|Mount Type||Single Foot 1" or 2" Spindle|
|Rated Output Power - 2000 RPM Hot||71 Amps|
|Rated Output Power - 6000 RPM Hot||84 Amps|
|Pulley Groove Type||
1/2" Single Vee
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Factory-matched Balmar charging package eliminates guesswork and saves time by pairing high-output alternator and smart voltage regulator with engine type. Package features dual internally fanned 6-Series alternator, combined with microprocessor controlled ARS-5 voltage regulator and MC-TS-A and MC-TS-B temperature sensor cables for alternator and battery. 621-VUP package is ideal for Volvo, Universal, Westerbeke and other engines with 1" or 2" single-foot alternator mounts. 100-amp kit is well suited for battery banks to 450AH. All 6-Series alternators feature isolated ground terminals and Smart Ready internal back up regulation. Alternator meets USCG Title 33, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 standards for ignition protection and can be used on gas or diesel engines.
- Number of Outputs: One
- Case Construction: Powder-coated aluminum
- Volts: 12V
- Pulley: Deep V, 1/2"
- Approvals: USCG Title 33, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 standards for ignition protection
- Warranty: One Year
- Automatic Functions: Multi-stage smart charging, alternator temperature sensing, optional MC-TS-B, battery temperature compensation
- User Selectable Functions: Charging for four battery types; seven belt load management settings based on belt size and alternator rating
- Status Display: Three-character alphanumeric LED display simplifies programming
- Wiring Hardware: 54" marine wiring harness, magnetic programming tool, manual.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.