BLUE SEA SYSTEMS
ATD Automatic Timer Disconnect
Adjustable time or voltage based Automatic Timer Disconnect (ATD) automatically shuts off devices to preserve battery power.
The 12V signal triggers relay to connect battery power to devices. When signal is removed the timer is activated and will disconnect devices after a preset time. Disconnect can be triggered based on time, low voltage, or removal of 12V signal. Low voltage will disconnect if time hasn’t been reached to preserve battery power.
Can be configured to be used as one of the following battery saving products:
- 12V signal triggers relay to connect battery power to devices
- When signal is removed the timer is activated and will disconnect devices after a preset time
- Timer ranges from 15 minutes to 4 hours
- Optional charge sense can be used instead of 12V signal to reduce wiring
- Test mode disconnects devices after five seconds to confirm that both the relay and timer are operational
Low Voltage Disconnect
- Senses low battery voltage and automatically disconnects devices to safe power
- Adjustable voltage setting at 11.0V, 11.5V or 12.0V
- Low voltage setting can be used in conjunction with Timer Disconnect
- Low voltage will disconnect devices prior to preset time to preserve battery power
Automatic Charging Relay
- Automatically combines two batteries when charging off a single charging source (e.g. the alternator)
- Isolates batteries when charging source is not present or discharging
- Single side sensing design only monitors the voltage of the start battery
- Ideal for auxiliary batteries that are AGM or significantly larger than the start battery
- 12V signal will connect or disconnect relay without any time delay
- Time and voltage options can be turned off to allow 12V signal based disconnect
- The clip-on cover insulates terminal connections
- One-piece stainless flange nuts ensure safe and secure connections
- Integrated LED indicates status
- Rated IP66 and ignition protected
- Nominal Voltage 12V DC
- Input Voltage Range 9.5–16V
- Continuous Rating 120A
- Intermittent Rating: 5 min. 210A
- (Combine) Amperage Operating Current 175mA
- (Open) Amperage Operating Current 4mA
- Cable Size to Meet Current Ratings 1 AWG (50mm²)
- Maximum Cable Size 1/0 AWG (50mm²)
- Terminal Stud Size 3/8"-16 (M10)
- Terminal Stud Torque 140 in-lb (15.82 Nm)
- Time Range 15 Minutes – 4 Hours
- Charge Sense ON: Connected (3 sec) 13.0V or greater
- Timing (10 sec) 12.75V or lower
- Low Voltage Disconnected (10 sec) Battery Voltage < Disconnect Voltage
- Over Voltage Disconnected (5 sec) 16.0V or greater
ATD Automatic Timer Disconnect
120 Amps Continuous
210 Amps Intermittent (5 Minutes)
|Multi Bank Chargers||2 Banks|
|Type||Battery Isolator/ Combiner|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)