BLUE SEA SYSTEMS–ML-RBS 500A Remote Battery Switch with Manual Control, 24V DC
ML-RBS 500A Remote Battery Switch with Manual Control, 24V DC
|Amperage||500 Amps at 24 Volts DC|
|ISO Approved||ISO 8846 and SAE J1171|
|Mounting Hardware||Mounting Screws (Sold Separately)|
Add the convenience of managing 24V battery banks remotely and the safety of a service lock-out
Blue Sea Systems designed the ML-Series heavy duty remote battery switch to make controlling large battery banks push-button convenient. Because of their size and cable requirements, conventional battery switches are typically located in lockers, or behind a seats and are difficult to access.
Installation of a remote switch has two benefits: it puts the control of the switch right on the dash or nav-station and it shortens heavy cables runs by putting the switching mechanism close to the battery. Included is a Contura style switch that requires only light gauge wire and will easily fit next to (if not match) other dash mounted switches. A sliding cover on the remote switch prevents accidental switching.
The ML-RBS switching mechanism can be mounted close to the batteries to limit heavy gauge cabling. For added safety a manual control lever with lock out feature has been built into the ML series switches; you will always be able to control the battery even if the wiring to the dash mounted switch is compromised. The service lock-out offers a level of safety when working on the electrical system. Ideal for multiple helm applications.
- Included SPST Contura styled remote switch (Blue Sea Systems 2155) makes battery switching as easy as pushing a button
- Ideal for boats with multiple stations that require battery control at each helm
- 500A capacity is able to manage large battery banks
- Manual operation possible if power is not available
- Service lock-out to prevent accidental current flow while working on electrical system
- LED output in switch allows switch state indications (requires optional LED panel)
- Label recesses for bank identification
- 3/8" Tin-plated copper studs for maximum conductivity and corrosion resistance.
- Silver alloy contacts are very reliable for switching large loads
- No parasitic draw while not actively switching
- Can be used with MV-ACR to improve battery management features
- Ignition protected for use in engine rooms of gasoline powered boats
- Lifetime warranty
- Switch Type: Remote
- Coil Function: Bi-Stable
- Maximum Voltage: 24V
- Continuous Rating: 500A
- Intermittent Rating (duration): 700A (5 min)
- Cranking Rating (30Sec): 1450A
- Master Control Switch Capability: No
- Cable Size to meet ratings: Two 4/0AWG
- Mounting Holes: # 10 Screws
- Terminal Stud size: 3/8”
- Switch Dimensions: 1 13/16"L X 1” W x 1 1/2"D (1/2" above the dash)
- ML-RBS Dimensions: 5 7/16"L x 3 3/4" W x 2"D
- Approvals: Meets ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 external ignition protection requirements, CE marked, Rated IP66
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.