C.SHERMAN JOHNSON–"Over Center" Lifeline Pelican Hooks—Body Only
For those wishing to replace their existing Pelican Hooks—just match up the thread size, 1/4"-28 LH or 5/16"-24 RH.
True "over-center" design opens easily under tension so you don't have to create slack in the line. One of the safest pelican hooks available. The unique "over center" design causes the body of the fitting, rather than the hinge or plunger pins, to carry the load of a fall against the boarding gate.
Investment cast T-316 stainless steel with pull pin release. 3 1/2" grip length. 4" overall length.
- Select thread size, 1/4"-28 LH or 5/16"-24 RH
- Releases easily under load due to special claw design
- The hook is easy to open, yet it stays secure with a heavy, welded split ring on the plunger latching device
- 3 1/2" long from end of body to bearing point of hook; 4" overall length
- Repair kit for lost or worn latching mechanisms available
- Investment cast T-316 stainless steel
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.