|Breaking Strength||14800 Pounds|
|Breaking Strength||10500 Pounds|
Make adjustments to the backstay without tools.
For sailboats that do not have an active backstay that is “played” while sailing, a turnbuckle that can be adjusted without tools is the next best thing. C. Sherman Johnson Handy Lock backstay turnbuckles feature dual handles for quick adjustment. The upper handle prevents the backstay from twisting and locks the turnbuckle when closed. Bronze toggle studs eliminate any tendency for galling with the stainless steel body. 46-501 Handy Lock turnbuckles can be fitted with a quick release pin (sold separately) for use as a forestay release turnbuckle. The 46-500-1 includes the quick release pin for forestay applications.
- Provides tool-less adjustment to backstay
- Handy Lock feature locks turnbuckle when upper handle is closed
- Upper handle stabilized backstay to prevent twisting while making adjustments
- 46-501 can be equipped with quick release pins for use as a forestay release turnbuckle
- 46-500-1 includes single quick release pin for use in forestay applications
- Bronze toggle studs eliminate galling
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.