CENTEK–Thru Hull Exhaust Flappers - w/Flapper, Black
|Dimensions||3" Outside Diameter x 5.50" Length|
|Dimensions||4" Outside Diameter x 7.75" Length|
A great way to reduce risk of backflow in 3in. and 4 in. exhaust systems.
Exhaust flappers are an effective way to protect the engine from water that surges back into the exhaust system. Centek thru-hull flappers are constructed of a compression molded fiberglass to eliminate corrosion issues and feature a 7/8" wide flange to provide more than adequate bedding surface for installations close to the waterline. A weighted rubber flap allows exhaust and cooling water to escape freely and closes off to the back-flow of sea water. The combination of rubber flap and fiberglass thru-hull makes operation silent. Available for 3" and 4" exhaust systems.
- Fiberglass thru-hull construction is non-corrosive
- Weighted rubber flaps repel back flow surges caused by waves, following seas or backing down
- Wide mounting flange provides extra surface for bedding material; ideal for installations close to the waterline
- Class 1 fire retardant resin to stand up to heat and prevent the spread of fire
- Available for 3" and 4" exhaust systems
- Replacement flap kits are available
- Hose Size: 3", 4"
- Dimensions 3": 4 7/8" dia flange (3" hose) x 5 1/2"L (3" from flange inboard)
- Dimensions 4": 5" dia flange (4" hose) x 7 3/4"L (4 1/2" from flange inboard)
- Approvals: ISO 9001:2008, Lloyd’s Register, ANAB, UL94V-0 flame retardancy
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.