Harpoon 580P Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Costa 580 Plastic|
Virtually indestructible. Superior contrast and color. Slip-resistant.
Soon to be your favorite fishing gear.
Ever notice the sunglasses the angler is wearing standing next to the trophy fish in those almost-obligatory pictures? Neither do we. However, without good sunglasses the fish story would probably be just that. A fish story. That's where your new pair of Costa Harpoon Polarized Sunglasses come in. Their heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames made with resin from the castor plant are almost indestructible. This bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin, helping to reduce the overall carbon footprint. The 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580P polycarbonate lenses ensure you'll see structure, cover, even the fish before your catch becomes just a swirl. Hydrolite nose and temple pads are up to the task of keeping your shades securely on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up at the bottom of the Intracoastal, a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance. Green mirrored lenses enhance your vision and provide high contrast for sight fishing in full sun inshore and on the flats. And just maybe, your sunglasses will be the ones that get noticed.
580P Polycarbonate Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Lightweight, yet durable
- Impact resistant
- C-Wall® scratch-resistant, smudge-free barrier
- Mirrored lenses deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
TR-90 Nylon Frames
- Castor oil is used to make the bio-based plastic resin
- Bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin
- Reduced overall carbon footprint
- Flexible, yet tough and durable
- Lightweight, full-wrap style
- Hold their shape under harsh conditions
- Resistant to heat and cold
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose and temple pads prevent slipping
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel hinges keep their shape
- Large fit (Costa's most popular size)
- 580P polycarbonate polarized lenses
- Heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.