Kiwa 580G Polarized Sunglasses
When the compliments start coming (and they will), don't forget to mention how much protection they provide, too.
Kiwa is one of several divine guardians of the ocean in the traditions of some of the Maori tribes of New Zealand. Costa's Kiwa Polarized Sunglasses were designed to protect you from the bright sun you'll find out on the ocean, on inland lakes and even on the beach. Featuring rounded lenses in durable, wrap-around, extra large-fit TR-90 nylon frames that are made with resin from the castor plant. This bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin, helping to reduce the overall carbon footprint. Reflective glare and eye strain is minimized or eliminated altogether with their 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580G Lightwave glass lenses. Hydrolite nose and temple pads will keep them securely on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up in the drink, a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance. Blue mirrored lenses are the way to go for offshore use with bright, full sun on open reflective water.
580G Lightwave Glass Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Superior clarity
- 20% thinner and 22% lighter than average polarized glass
- Encapsulated mirrors between the layers of glass are scratch-proof
- Mirrored lenses deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
TR-90 Nylon Frames
- Castor oil is used to make the bio-based plastic resin
- Bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin
- Reduced overall carbon footprint
- Flexible, yet tough and durable
- Hold their shape under harsh conditions
- Resistant to heat and cold
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose and temple pads prevent slipping
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel hinges keep their shape
- Extra large fit
- 580G Lightwave glass polarized lenses
- Heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.