Do you need a pair of fishing sunglasses that will enhance your view and stay securely on your face?
This might just be your lucky day.
The last thing you want to have happen while you're hoisting that trophy marlin over the transom is for your favorite pair of sunglasses (in this case your new Permit Sunglasses) to go swimming without you. Costa not only designed them to provide exceptional clarity and protection, they gave them co-injected Hydrolite nose and temple pads and flexible hinges so they'll remain firmly in place. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up in the drink, a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance. A trio of large vent holes can be found on each side of the frames that will help prevent fogging, plus convey your tenacious attitude. Everything about these sunglasses is focused on improving your view on and around the water. They're extremely durable and reliable thanks to their heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames made with resin from the castor plant. This bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin, helping to reduce the overall carbon footprint. 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580P polycarbonate lenses ensure reflective glare and eye strain are minimized or eliminated altogether.
580P Polycarbonate Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Lightweight, yet durable
- Impact resistant
- C-Wall® scratch-resistant, smudge-free barrier
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
TR-90 Nylon Frames
- Castor oil is used to make the bio-based plastic resin
- Bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin
- Reduced overall carbon footprint
- Flexible, yet tough and durable
- Hold their shape under harsh conditions
- Resistant to heat and cold
- Vented front helps keep things clear
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose and temple pads prevent slipping
- Corrosion-resistant, flexible stainless steel hinges keep their shape
- Extra large fit
- 580P polycarbonate polarized lenses
- Heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.