Tasman Sea 580G Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Costa 580 Glass|
These durable sunglasses feature polarized glass lenses that are thinner and lighter than average polarized glass lenses.
The body of water between New Zealand and Australia, known as the Tasman Sea, has been called one of the roughest stretches of sea in the world. These sunglasses from Costa's Voyager collection are built to handle whatever Mother Nature throws at them with their durable, heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames that are made with resin from the castor plant. This bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin, helping to reduce the overall carbon footprint. 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580G Lightwave glass lenses ensure reflective glare and eye strain is minimized or eliminated altogether. Hydrolite nose pads and Gripper temple holes that can be used with Costa's Gripper leash (sold separately) will keep them firmly on your face wherever your journies take you. Blue mirrored lenses are the way to go for offshore use with bright, full sun on open reflective water.
580G Lightwave Glass Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Superior clarity
- 20% thinner and 22% lighter than average polarized glass
- Encapsulated mirrors between the layers of glass are scratch-proof
- Mirrored lenses deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
TR-90 Nylon Frames
- Castor oil is used to make the bio-based plastic resin
- Bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin
- Reduced overall carbon footprint
- Flexible, yet tough and durable
- Hold their shape under harsh conditions
- Resistant to heat and cold
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose pads prevent slipping
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel hinges keep their shape
- Large fit
- 580G Lightwave glass polarized lenses
- Heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.