7' BG4000 Inshore Spinning Combo
Daiwa’s perfectly matched BG4000 Inshore Combo is a mean, lean, fish-catching machine!
Built for serious saltwater fishermen, Daiwa’s BG is the next generation of their Black Gold reel series united with a 1-piece 100% graphite rod with traditional cork grips. Incorporating the latest technology, Daiwa built their rugged BG reels with a solid aluminum construction to withstand the toughest catch.
The black anodized “Hard Bodyz” cover provides corrosion and scratch resistance for increased strength and internal part stability. This anodization process also provides better adhesion to the aluminum for chip and peal resistance, extending the radiant look of the painted reel surface. Daiwa’s DigiGear™ System is the largest drive gear integrated in Daiwa reels. By fusing an ultra-tough, surface treated alloy drive gear and marine bronze pinion gear, Daiwa optimized speed and durability.
The screw-in-handle design of the BG series provides zero movement between the main gear and handle arm, offering anglers more control when rotating the handle. With an Air Rotor that weighs up to 15% less than regular rotor designs; unnecessary weight is reduced while simultaneously distributing stress evenly for maximum strength. Combined, these two features make for a stable and solid reeling motion that is pleasantly lightweight.
BG reels have a dynamic-cut ABS spool with a maximized core diameter and reversed taper providing 100% useable line so you don’t get any more dead line buried in a deep core. Fill the spool right up to the edge with your line without tangling it and because ABS spools cause less casting friction, you can cast out longer with ease.
- Black anodized machined aluminum housing (“Hard Bodyz” body and side over) for strength, durability and shine
- Over-sized DigiGear™ System for increased gear-tooth contact points providing optimized speed, longer life and increased torque and power
- Machined aluminum solid screw-in handle for stability
- Lightweight Air Rotor reduces unnecessary weight
- Dynamic Cut Aluminum ABS Spool for 100% usable line
- Waterproof Drag System
- Carbon ATD
- 6 stainless steel ball bearings
- Infinite Anti-Reverse System
Reel Technical Specifications
- Line Retrieve: 39.9" per crank
- Gear Ratio: 5.7:1
- Max Drag: 17.6lb.
- Ball Bearings: 6BB+1RB
- Weight: 14.3oz.
- 10 Pounds/300 Yards
- 12 Pounds/260 Yards
- 14 Pounds/210 Yards
Braided Line Capacity
- 20 Pounds/370 Yards
- 30 Pounds/280 Yards
- 40 Pounds/200 Yards
- One-piece 100% graphite rod
- Cork grips
- Graphite composite blanks
- Cut proof aluminum oxide guides
Rod Technical Specifications
- Length: 7’
- Number of Pieces: 1
- Guide Type: Aluminum oxide
- Guides Including Tip: 7
- Action: Medium
- Power: Medium Heavy
- Gimbal: No
7' BG4000 Inshore Spinning Combo
|Best Use||Saltwater Inshore|
|Drag Style||Front Drag|
Digigear Ultra-Smooth Retrieve
ABS Machined Aluminum Spool
|Rod Power||Medium Heavy|
|Maximum Test - Mono||14 Pounds|
|Maximum Test - Braided||40 Pounds|
|Warranty Details||One Year Limited Warranty|
Reel: 14.3 Ounces
Rod: 16 Ounces
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)