USCG Approved Type V Inflatable PFD
|USCG Type||Type V with Type III Performance|
|Warranty Details||Limited Lifetime|
|With Harness||Without Harness|
With a low-profile design you won’t even notice you are wearing Dakine’s USCG Approved Type V Inflatable life jacket!
Designed to be worn around your waist, this life jacket provides maximum comfort and maneuverability while paddling for a day of unhindered fun on the water. Dakine constructed this PFD with an easy-to-use manual pull-cord to inflate the life jacket and oral inflation tube for backup. Buoyancy is provided with a 16 gram CO2 cartridge and a storage pocket keeps your keys or other essentials close at hand. When not in use, the lightweight, compact design easily repacks for stowing away. This type of life jacket must be manually placed around the head after inflation and is therefore recommended for competent swimmers only.
- Low profile design for ultimate comfort
- Storage pocket to store your keys, snacks, etc.
- Fits comfortably around your waist for unhindered paddling fun
- USCG Type: Type V with Type III performance
- Intended Use: Paddling, recreational watersports
- Activation Method: Manual
- Inflator Type: Uses 16 gram (3/8 tread) CO2 rearming kit
- Shroud/Pouch Material:Nylon
- Closure: Buckle
- Size: Approved for adults 80lbs. or more
- Service Interval: Limited Lifetime
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.