Tiller Tamer Control
Lock in your course with the twist of a knob.
The Tiller Tamer® is a simple system that mounts to the tiller and will hold your course temporarily. Ideal for short-handed sailing or single-handed sailing on smaller boats, this system allows you to leave the helm to douse a spinnaker, skirt the jib or man the radio. Set up requires a length of double braid line and two pad eyes or cleats that may already be on your boat (both line and cleats are sold separately). Once installed, set the course, lock-down the clamp with a quick twist and the Tiller Tamer® will maintain the tiller position. When you return to the helm, unlock the clamp with the same quick twist and tiller returns to moving freely and smoothly. Free yourself to move away from the cockpit by installing a Tiller Tamer.
- Simple system to set and maintain a course for boats with a tiller
- Clamp allows tiller to be locked and unlocked quickly
- Tiller moves freely and smoothly when clamp is not engaged
- Reinforced nylon construction with stainless steel fasteners for strength and corrosion resistance
- Ideal for short-handed or single-handed sailing
- Installation requires double braid line and two cleats or pad eyes (both line and cleats or pad eyes sold separately)
Tiller Tamer Control
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).