DAVIS INSTRUMENTS–Tiller Tamer Control
Tiller Tamer Control
Lock in your course with the twist of a knob.
The Tiller Tamer® is a simple system that mounts to the tiller and will hold your course temporarily. Ideal for short-handed sailing or single-handed sailing on smaller boats, this system allows you to leave the helm to douse a spinnaker, skirt the jib or man the radio. Set up requires a length of double braid line and two pad eyes or cleats that may already be on your boat (both line and cleats are sold separately). Once installed, set the course, lock-down the clamp with a quick twist and the Tiller Tamer® will maintain the tiller position. When you return to the helm, unlock the clamp with the same quick twist and tiller returns to moving freely and smoothly. Free yourself to move away from the cockpit by installing a Tiller Tamer.
- Simple system to set and maintain a course for boats with a tiller
- Clamp allows tiller to be locked and unlocked quickly
- Tiller moves freely and smoothly when clamp is not engaged
- Reinforced nylon construction with stainless steel fasteners for strength and corrosion resistance
- Ideal for short-handed or single-handed sailing
- Installation requires double braid line and two cleats or pad eyes (both line and cleats or pad eyes sold separately)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.