Some batteries provide enormous cranking power. Others, deep cycle reserve power. The revolutionary Odyssey® battery is designed to do both.
How is this possible? The answer begins with flat plates made of 99.99% pure lead - not lead alloy. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so more of them can fit in the battery. More Odyssey battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power – twice as much as conventional batteries.
In fact, Odyssey batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses in excess of 2250 amps for 5 seconds – double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even at very low temperatures. And they can handle 400 charge-discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge.
This extreme combination of power and performance makes Odyssey batteries perfect for a range of applications, including automotive/LTV, marine, commercial, and powersports.
- Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so more of them can fit in the battery
- Odyssey batteries have 15% more plate surface area vs. spiral wound designs
- Odyssey batteries deliver the massive starting power, rapid recovery, and amazing deep cycling capability that today's vehicles demand
- They can handle 400 charge-discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge
- Dimensions: 7 7/8"L x 6 11/16"H x 7 5/8"D
- Weight (lb.): 38.2
- Pulse (5-second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA): 1200
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 540
- 20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah): 42
- Reserve Capacity Minutes: 78
Core charge will apply to battery purchase if an old 12V battery is not exchanged at the time of purchase.
AGM Battery for Automotive/LTV, Group PWC
|Group Size||Group PWC|
|Best Use||Dual Purpose|
|Cold Cranking Amps||540 CCA|
|Dimensions||6 3/4" Width x 6 3/4" Height x 7 3/4" Length|
|Marine Cranking Amps||1200 MCA|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Three Years (With Product Registration)|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.