Easily furl your Gennaker or Code Zero
Innovative continuous line furling systems make code zero and gennaker deployment and dousing extremely easy. These ultralight and compact furlers are easy to install and store and are also only half the weight of a standard gennaker furler. Systems consist of two components: one flat continuous line drum and one head swivel. The flat drum functions like a sheave to eliminate the hassle of furling line overrides. The drum's low-profile design allows for maximum luff while the large diameter increases furling power. Sail deployment is a simple matter of placing the furling line in the drum, attaching the drum to the tack (made easy with the supplied quick-connect shackle), attaching the halyard, hoisting and then unfurling the sail. Optional blocks (offered below) create a 2:1 mechanical advantage when hoisting. NOTE: Installation of a captive "torque rope" (not supplied) along the sail's luff is required.
- Application: Cruising/Racing
- Drum material: Anodized CNC machined aluminum
- Attachment method: FX900, FX1500, FX2500, FX4500: Snap Shackle; FX7000, FX12000: Quick-Release "D"
- Features: Low-profile, continuous line drum with prefitted snap shackle; upper head swivel
- Head swivel material: Anodized aluminum
- Warranty: Two years
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.