FIREBOY-XINTEX–Battery Operated Marine CO Carbon Monoxide Detector
20% Off - Ends 05/23/22
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Battery Operated Marine CO Carbon Monoxide Detector
|Dimensions||3.5" x 3.5" x 1.21"|
|Sound Signal||85 Decibel Audible Horn|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
|Wire Lead Length||N/A|
FIREBOY-XINTEX Battery Operated Marine Carbon Monoxide Detector
How The Xintex CMD6-M CO Alarm Works: The Firebox Xintex CMD6-M Marine CO alarm uses a sensor operating with a microprocessor to measure Carbon Monoxide (CO) levels. Using a “Time Weighted Average” (TWA) process, it monitors CO concentration, temperature and time to calculate levels of Carboxyhemoglobin (COHb). COHb is the degree to which the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood is impeded by the union of carbon monoxide to the hemoglobin and as expressed as a percentage. The human body absorbs CO easier than oxygen and COHb is the ratio absorbed carbon monoxide to oxygen in bloodstream. The CMD6-M alarm calculates the COHb as function of time and determines the appropriate alarm response.
Recommended Carbon Monoxide Detector Installations: A carbon monoxide detector should be installed in each accommodation space. Small crafts or RVs with an open design may require only one detector for adequate protection if two or more sleeping areas or spaces are partitioned and one detector should be installed in each of the spaces.
Alarm with NEW Sensor Technology
- Electrochemical sensor – immediate and stable sensing reduces false alarms
- Long sensor life – Approximately 7-year end-of-life (EOL)
- Microprocessor controlled
- Compact design for inconspicuous protection
- Battery operated requires no power wiring
- Reduced labor and material costs to install
- Maintenance-free lithium-metal batteries
- Fireboy-Xintex quality and reliability on board
- Conformal coated circuit board for added protection
- Time-weighted average CO measurement process constantly monitors all CO levels
- Highly resistant to most chemicals, solvents & cleaners
- CMD6-M Marine Series CO Alarms conform to UL STD 2034, Edition 4
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.