BHM-3X+ Bi-Ocular Thermal Camera (No Lens)
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Notice: These commodities, technology, or software can only be exported from the United States or transferred to a third party in accordance with the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited.
Enjoy greater awareness, safety, visibility and peace of mind when you keep this handheld thermal camera at the ready on your boat.
The confidence that comes from having total visibility at night is something you will never want to do without again. This marine camera lets you view heat, not light, so you'll have a perspective that is never diminished by pitch darkness, thick smoke or blinding light. Clearly see obstacles like rocks, mooring balls and buoys; never miss a small boat, kayak or channel marker; and identify landmarks such as docks, inlets and jetties up to 600 yd away. Look through these as you would binoculars and choose the lens that best suits your boating needs (lens sold separately). Immediately locate overboard pets and people—no matter the conditions—and enhance the safety of your whole crew with your trusty First Mate.
- Total Visibility: Depending on your choice of lens, this camera gives you a field of view ranging from 13° x 10° to 5° x 3° and has a 2,900' - 7,920' person-in-water range. It has a rapid video refresh rate of under 9Hz so you won't miss a thing and 2x zoom capabilities. Capture thermal snapshots or record thermal video and view it all from the built-in 320 x 240 resolution LCD display. To view on another screen, simply transfer your SD card or connect the two devices using the included video output cable.
- Choose Your View: Always get the clearest view when you choose from the included color palette. The available views are Black Hot, White Hot and InstAlert™. FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement™ image processing gives you the clearest picture so you'll see every detail. Further customize your experience with a choice of three different lenses (sold separately). With the 35mm, 65mm and 100mm options you'll have a maximum view range of around 1.7 mi, 3 mi and 4.4 mi, respectively.
- Simple Control: Pick up your camera and in under five seconds your device is powered and running. The straightforward design means anyone can use this grab and go device. Power it on/off, toggle between views, adjust brightness and capture pictures all from simple buttons on the top of your camera.
- Portable: This device is lightweight at only 3 lb. with batteries. The hard carry case gives you durable and portable protection for your gear. An included lanyard lets you carry this camera with you hands-free and keep it accessible for when emergency or curiosity strikes.
- Built for Reliability: With a long battery life of over five hours when powered on and using NiMH batteries this camera will be ready whenever you need it. It's got a waterproof rating of IP67 (not including lens) so it's protected against water, dust, salt, fog and all the perils that come with life on a boat. An included two year warranty that's upgradable to three years for parts and labor and ten years for the detector, your First Mate will be protected as long as it's protecting you.
What's in the Box
- BHM-3X+ Thermal Handheld Camera (Lens sold separately)
- Hot Shoe charging and video output connector
- Four rechargeable AA batteries
- SD Card
- AC Power adapter and charger
- USB Cable
- RCA Video output cable
- Neck Lanyard
- Documentation: Operator's Manual; DVD; 2+ Year warranty and registration information
Unsure which lens to purchase? For the specific specifications and visibility this camera gains using each of its three different lens options, Check Here. This camera is labelled "BHM-X+" in this diagram.
BHM-3X+ Bi-Ocular Thermal Camera (No Lens)
Four AA Batteries
|Dimensions||11" Length x 2.63 Height x 2.63 Width|
|Field of View at 1000 Yards||13 Degrees|
|Person In Water Range||2559 Feet|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
To receive your order by December 24th, 2018, please reference the 2018 Holiday Shipping Schedule.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).