FORTRESS ANCHORS–FX-7 Anchoring System
FX-7 Anchoring System
|Benefits||Complete Anchoring System|
|Boat Length||Up to 27 Feet|
|Dimensions||6" Width x 6" Height x 29" Length|
|Material||Anodized Aluminum Alloy|
|Not Recommended For||Less Effective on Rocky or Grassy Bottoms|
|Warranty Details||Lifetime Parts Replacement|
All-in-one premium anchoring package for boats to 27'.
Fortress FX-7 Complete Anchoring System for boats up to 27' includes a high-performance, easy-to-handle 4lb. Fortress Model FX-7 anchor, 15' of G30 1/4" galvanized steel chain, a 5/16" galvanized steel shackle and 250' of three-strand nylon rope. NOTE: This anchoring system is not for use with a windlass.
- 4lb. Fortress FX-7 Premium Aluminum Anchor
- 15' G30 1/4" galvanized chain
- 5/16" galvanized steel shackle
- 250' three-strand nylon rope
About Fortress Premium Anchors
Made of high-tensile aluminum-magnesium alloy with no welds to weaken the metal, Fortress Anchors are not only lightweight, they are strong! And they are versatile as well, with two adjustable shank angles: 32° for sand and 45° for soft mud. They are easy to handle and their light weight helps to minimize weight at the bow. Precisely machined, anodized, interlocking components are corrosion resistant, nonmagnetic and as easy to put together as they are to take apart. Made in USA. Type approved by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).
Key Features for Fortress Premium FX-7 Anchor
- Weighs 4 pounds
- Lightweight aluminum with outstanding holding power in sand, mud and clay
- Disassembles for easy storage
- Adjustable angle for sand or soft mud
- Alloy is extremely strong, corrosion-resistant, nonmagnetic and lightweight
- Easier to handle and lighter on the bow than steel anchors
- Anchor disassembles for storage
- Type approved by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Lifetime parts replacement warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.