gWind™ Wireless 2 Masthead Wind Transducer
|Display Color||Sold separately|
Wireless masthead wind indicator is solar-powered and simple to install.
The gWind Wireless 2 transducer offers an easy-to-install solution that eliminates running wires through masts up to 50' tall. Accurate wind signals are sent via an ANT® connection directly to a GNX™ Wind instrument or compatible Garmin GPSMAP® 8400/8600 series or GPSMAP 7400/7600 series chartplotters. The transducer features renowned Nexus® twin-fin technology with a three-bladed propeller, providing more accurate wind speed and more stable wind angle in lighter wind conditions.
- An easy-to-install solution that eliminates running wires through masts up to 50'
- Three-bladed propeller for more accurate wind speed in lighter wind conditions
- Twin-fin design gives a more stable wind angle
- Solar panel mounted on the transducer arm
- Internal solar-charged battery lasts three years and is easily replaced
- Dimensions: 13.6"W x 24"H (345 mm x 610 mm)
- Weight: 350 g
- Waterproof: Yes (IPX6, protected against heavy seas)
- Accuracy Angle: Better than ±1.5°
- Speed: Better than ±3%
- Wind Speed Range: 0. 8-90 knots (0. 4-50 m/s)
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes
What's in the Box
- gWind Wireless 2 transducer
- Mast bracket
- Mounting hardware
- NiMH battery
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.