AIS™ 600 Class B Blackbox Transceiver
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Pre-programming is required.
Receive AIS target data and transmit your own vessel information to other AIS receivers in your area.
This black box AIS transceiver allows you to receive AIS target data as well as transmit your own vessel information to other AIS receivers in your area. AIS 600 aids in collision avoidance by helping you track and contact anyone in the area with an MMSI number. Whether you’re keeping in touch with mariners in the area or tracking other boats on a similar course, you’ll be able to share information between vessels for improved safety and greater confidence.
AIS 600 also employs ClearTrack™ technology—which ensures that there’s no interruption of AIS traffic position while the VHF radio is in use. AIS 600 integrates with a Garmin chartplotter and VHF radio via NMEA 2000, giving you the ability to initiate a call to any MMSI target directly from the chartplotter by selecting the “Call with Radio” function.
NMEA 2000 certified and is easily added to your existing Garmin marine network. Once installed, the AIS 600 is controlled via chartplotter display. You’ll have all the information you need right at your fingertips to make decisions with confidence. Includes a built-in Active Splitter that allows one VHF antenna to serve both the AIS 600 and any VHF radio with minimal signal loss.
- AIS Type: Class B
- Antenna: Built-in Active Splitter; One VHF antenna for both the AIS 600 and any VHF radio with no signal loss.
- Display Type: 8 LED lights. External display or chartplotter not included.
- Alarms: Integration of Closest Point of Approach (CPA) alarm with Radar input
- Dimensions: 9.8"W x 7.1"H x 2.5"D
- Amperage: 2A-6A max
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalency Number (LEN): 2
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000, 0183
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: One year
What's in the Box
- AIS 600
- Power cable
- SRM cable
- Mounting hardware
- Drop cable 2m
- Female terminator
AIS™ 600 Class B Blackbox Transceiver
|Dimensions||9 3/4" Width x 7" Height x 2 1/2" Depth|
8 LED Lights
External Display or Chartplotter
|Voltage||9 to 32 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)