Class B Autopilot Compact Drive Unit
A below-deck hydraulic linear drive unit, for sailboats up to 48,400 pounds.
The Class B Compact Drive Unit works with the GHP™ 12 marine autopilot system to control your sailboat's steering system. This device is designed for use with sailboats with up to 48,400 lbs of displacement.
- Drive Unit Type: Integrated hydraulic linear
- Stroke Length: 10" (254 mm)
- Maximum Thrust: 1610 lb. (730 kg)
- Dimensions, W x H x D (centered): 31.9 x 4.6" x 8.9" (810 x 120 x 225 mm)
- Supply Voltage: 10V to 30V (regulated to 12V by the ECU)
- Average Clutch Current at 12V: 1 Amp
- Average Motor Current at 12V: 2-4 Amps
- Current rating at 100% duty: 12.5A
- Current rating at 50% duty: 17.5A
- Current rating at 25% duty: 22.5A
- Peak current: 25A
- Operating Temperature: -15° C to 50° C
- Waterproof rating: IP67
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.