GHP 20 Marine Autopilot System for Viking
|Best Use||Viking Yachts with Viper Steering Systems|
|Display Type||QVGA Color LCD|
|Type||Autopilot System Pack|
Two Year Limited; Owner Installed
Two Year Parts and Onboard; Certified Installer
Product OverviewAuto-guided Navigation for Viking Users
- For Viking yachts with VIPER steering systems
- Patented Shadow Drive technology keeps you in control even when relying upon autopilot
- Controlled using a GHC helm control unit and is compatible with the GHC remote and quatix
- Up to 3 GHC controllers can be interfaced with a single GHP 10
- NMEA 2000 connectivity
The GHP 20 for Viking brings our leading-edge marine autopilot technology to Viking yachts with VIPER steering systems.
Experience Advanced Autopilot Technology
With a GHP 20 for Viking aboard your boat, you no longer need to be tied to your helm. It integrates with VIPER control systems (standard on Viking's 82'C, 76'C, 70'C and 66'C models) to hold course in virtually all weather and wind conditions. And thanks to dynamic gain adjustments based on tachometer information provided by the VIPER system, the autopilot offers optimal performance at all speeds.
The GHP 20 can perform a variety of pre-programmed trolling and search procedures. Plus, with a compatible Garmin network chartplotter and BlueChart g2 Vision charts, you gain optional features like Auto Guidance, which automatically steers GPS routes.
Stay in Control with Shadow Drive Technology
The GHP 20 for Viking's patented Shadow Drive technology gives you the security of knowing you maintain control even when the autopilot is engaged. The Shadow Drive system automatically disengages the autopilot if the helm is turned, giving you the freedom to maneuver the boat. The autopilot automatically re-engages when you hold a steady course.
Connect to Networked Devices
The GHP 20 for Viking is operated using up to 3 GHC helm control units. The GHC communicates with the autopilot system via your NMEA 2000 network, so autopilot heading data can be shared easily with other devices. This enables MARPA and chart overlay when connected to a Garmin chartplotter. An optional handheld wireless remote control is also available; however, for the highest level of convenience, control the GHC using quatix, the world's first marine GPS navigation watch featuring ANT wireless technology.
- Dimensions: 3 19/32 in. diameter (91.4 mm)
- Weight: 5.6 oz. (159 g)
- Temperature range: From 5°F to 131°F (from -15°C to 55°C)
- Case material: Fully gasketed, high-impact plastic, waterproof to IEC 529 IPX7 standards
- CCU cable length: 9.5 ft. (3 m)
- NMEA 2000 power input: 9-16V
- NMEA 2000 LEN: 3 (150 mA)
- Dimensions (L × Diameter): 29/32" × 1" (23 mm × 25 mm)
- Weight: 2.4 oz. (68 g)
- Temperature range: from 5°F to 131°F (from -15°C to 55°C)
- Cable length: 10 ft. (3.0 m)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.