GHP™ Reactor brings advanced marine technology once only available to commercial boats in a complete package designed for powerboats and sailboats.
Reactor is the most responsive autopilot system for powerboats and sailboats that Garmin has ever offered. Advanced nine-axis AHRS solid-state gyro technology allows you to mount it nearly anywhere, in any orientation, with minimal commissioning. In addition, this system greatly minimizes heading error, course deviation, rudder movement, and power consumption, while providing a more comfortable ride for all onboard.
GHP Reactor autopilots are very versatile. Both powerboat and sailing features are available in all corepacks, including heading hold, wind hold, tack/jibe, step turns and more. Simply pick the autopilot that is compatible with your existing steering system.
The GHP™ Reactor Hydraulic Autopilot Corepack is designed for all types of hydraulically steered powerboats—inboards, outboards, sterndrives and diesels. Patented Shadow Drive technology gives you the security of knowing you maintain control, even when relying upon the autopilot. The Shadow Drive system automatically disengages the autopilot if the helm is turned, allowing the helmsman to maneuver the boat. The autopilot automatically re-engages when the helmsman holds a steady course.
- Reacts to conditions: This amazing autopilot actually reacts to the sea to hold your course. Even when the boat is pitching and rolling in rough water, you can remain confident that the GHP Reactor autopilot will keep you on your desired course.
- Minimal commissioning and calibration: All autopilots require commissioning and calibration—all of them. However, Reactor takes what is normally a 20 minute process and reduces it to as little as five minutes.
- Full integration with Garmin chartplotters: You have full control of GHP Reactor from the chartplotter display. Combined with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter and BlueChart® g2 Vision® charts, you can enjoy optional features like Auto Guidance, which automatically steers GPS paths.
- Stay in control with Shadow Drive Technology: The GHP Reactor for hydraulically-steered boats features patented Shadow Drive technology. This gives you the security of knowing you maintain control even when the autopilot is engaged. The Shadow Drive system automatically disengages the autopilot if the helm is turned, giving you the freedom to maneuver the boat. The autopilot automatically re-engages when you hold a steady course.
- Connect to networked devices: The GHP Reactor Autopilot is operated using up to three GHC™ helm control units. The GHC communicates with the autopilot system via your NMEA 2000 network, so autopilot heading data can be shared easily with other devices. This enables MARPA and chart overlay when connected to a Garmin chartplotter. An optional handheld wireless remote control is also available; however, for the highest level of convenience, control the GHC using quatix™, the world’s first marine GPS navigation watch featuring ANT+™ wireless technology.
GHC 20 Specifications
- Display Type: QVGA color LCD display
- Screen Resolution: 320 x 240
- NMEA Output: NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000®
- Supply Voltage: Powered by NMEA 2000 bus, 9-16 VDC, units operate up to 32 VDC
- Operating Temperature: -15° C to 70 C° (5° F to 158° F)
- Max Power Consumption: 12/24V: 200 mA/100 mA
- Viewing Angle: 170°
- Brightness: 1000 cd/m2 (NIT)
- Dimensions: 4 5/16"W x 4 3/8"H x 1 7/8"D
What’s in the Box
- GHP Reactor CCU (Course Computer Unit)
- GHC 20 helm control display
- ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
- ECU power cable
- Interconnect cable
- Shadow Drive
- NMEA 2000 drop cables (2 meters)
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connectors
- Male and female terminators
- *Corepack does NOT include hydraulic drive unit necessary for operation
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.