GARMIN–GNX™ Wireless Wind Pack with Wireless Wind Sensor and Display
GNX™ Wireless Wind Pack with Wireless Wind Sensor and Display
With a GNX Wind instrument combined with a gWind Wireless 2 transducer, you’ll know what’s going on with the wind.
GNX Wind Instrument
GNX Wind gives you the wind data necessary to make confident decisions. Featuring high-visibility, glass-bonded backlit monochrome LCD display with customizable backlight colors, GNX Wind interfaces through the NMEA 2000 network to show two data fields and a digital wind rose simultaneously to display true and apparent wind data, steering guidance, boat speed and more.
Low power consumption of 350mW daylight (no backlight) and 400mW nighttime (mid-level backlight) is perfect for sailboats. Customizable user settings allow you to configure the screen layout to your preferred setting.
Display configurations include more than 15 important marine parameters for wind, speed and navigation. It can even wirelessly connect to a quatix® 3 GPS marine smartwatch via ANT® technology to stream wind data directly to your wrist.
Wind Wireless 2 Transducer
Wind Wireless 2 offers an easy-to-install solution that eliminates running wires through masts up to 50' tall. Accurate wind signals are sent via an ANT connection directly to a GNX Wind instrument or to a compatible Garmin GPSMAP® chartplotter.
The transducer features renowned Nexus® twin-fin technology with a three-bladed propeller, providing accurate wind speed and stable wind angle in lighter wind conditions.
- Includes GNX™ Wind instrument and gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer
- GNX Wind provides two data fields and a digital wind rose to simultaneously display true and apparent wind data, Steer Pilot, boat speed and more
- Displays true and apparent wind speed and wind angles, true wind direction, boat speed, speed over ground, VMG, heading, course over ground and close hauled
- Includes easy-to-install gWind Wireless 2 transducer, which eliminates cables for masts up to 50' tall
- Internal solar-charged battery lasts three years and is easily replaced
What's in the Box
- GNX Wind
- gWind Wireless 2 transducer
- Mast bracket
- Mounting hardware
- NiMH battery
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.