gWind Masthead Wind Transducer
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Upgrade your wind transducer from the outdated cups design to the three-bladed gWind.
The gWind transducer features twin-fin technology with a three-bladed propeller for more accurate True Wind Speed (TWS) in lighter air while the twin-fin design gives a more stable True Wind Angle (TWA). The three-bladed propeller, unlike a cups design, is highly efficient at all speeds. Combined with optic reading, this transducer provides superior accuracy at low wind speeds and also provides for excellent linearity.
- Compatibility: The GND 10 enables Garmin chartplotter owners to use Nexus sail equipment and vice versa. The included GND 10 black box bridge enables the Nexus Network and compatible Garmin chartplotters to share critical NMEA 2000 data.
- High Accuracy: Its angle read accuracy is ±1.5° and it has ±3% speed accuracy.
- Water Ready: This instrument has a waterproof rating of IPX7 so it's ready for life on your boat. Comes with a two year warranty.
What's in the Box
- gWind transducer
- GND™ 10
- 6 1/2' NMEA 2000® drop cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector
- 82' Mast cable with female connector
- 16 1/2' Nexus network cable (straight connector)
- Nexus female field installable connector
- Mast bracket
- Mounting hardware
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.