gWind Race Masthead Wind Transducer
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Designed for racing sailboats, the gWind Race will give you accurate and reliable readings no matter your pace.
It features a 3' 3" vertical pole to raise the transducer above the mast to remove turbulence errors. Features twin-fin technology with a three-bladed propeller for more accurate True Wind Speed (TWS) in lighter air, while the twin-fin design gives a more stable True Wind Angle (TWA). The three-bladed propeller, unlike a cups design, is always efficient.
- Compatibility: The GND 10 enables Garmin chartplotter owners to use Nexus sail equipment and vice versa. The included GND 10 black box bridge enables the Nexus Network and compatible Garmin chartplotters to share critical NMEA 2000 data.
- High Accuracy: Its angle read accuracy is ±1.5° and it has ±3% speed accuracy. The pole that raises this above the mast reduces reading errors due to turbulence as you race. This transducer's design and optic reading makes it highly accurate at extremely high and low speeds and provides for excellent linearity.
- Race Ready: This instrument has a waterproof rating of IPX7 so it's ready for life on your boat.The ultra-light cable and design makes this instrument perfect for racing. Comes with a two year warranty.
What's in the Box
- gWind Race transducer
- GND™ 10
- USB Mini-B cable
- 6 1/2' NMEA 2000® drop cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector
- 82' Mast cable with female connector
- 16 1/2' Nexus network cable (straight connector)
- Nexus female field installable connector
- Mast bracket
- Mounting hardware
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.